Salesforce data migration
At CC Smart Solutions , we are experts in migrating data from any source into Salesforce. Usually such activities are performed at the end of the project implementation. However, this was not the case we ran into recently.
We had a big number of customer data with thousands of accounts and tens of thousands of contacts related to them. The challenge:
- thousands of accounts with:
- a unique external Id
- Tax Id
- Names and Addresses done in different styles and encoding
- Personal information mixed with with company details and phone numbers
- tens of thousands of contacts in a separate list with
- Names done in Latin and Cyrillic characters
- put in more than 10 excel sheets
- different capabilities and categorization of contacts in the different excel sheets
- many contacts have the same names
- many contacts belong to more than one company account
- unique id per contact name
- sometimes names are filled in separate name fields, while sometimes they come in one field altogether.
- Asset lists come only with contact names
It took our team 3 days to analyze the data and only a few hours to clean it up and import it correctly.